How to love + accept those girlfriends who annoy the HECK outta us!
OK – we all know personal growth is important to become ‘successful‘.
Whether the ‘success’ is in business or life.
So let’s think about this….
I’ve been reading a bunch of articles lately which say:
‘Your true friends are those who challenge you‘
and honestly… I disagree.
Friends can be incredible friends, but simply aren’t the type of person to either feel confrontational or feel like they could upset/hurt you with what they have to say.
AND THAT’S FINE!
You must keep those super special girlfriends who just love you for you + whatever decision you could ever make.
Even if you drunk text your ex on our STRICT instruction not to…
We’re still here for ya, babe.
On that note though… You for sure need a varied mix of people in your network.
Here are a few:
- Incredibly close + loving friends who love you, but may not always tell you the truth in fear of ‘hurting your feelings’
- Family who will always have your back + will support you no matter what
- Business/Work ‘friends‘ who will support you in every new venture + give you the constructive criticism you need
- Business/Work ‘mentors‘ who are on the same #femaleboss vibe, completely understand your badassery + will give you all the motivation to keep pushing through
- (sometimes the most important…) Those who c.o.n.s.t.a.n.t.l.y question your actions
You know, those ones who might annoy the HECK outta you, telling you sh*t you do NOT want to hear at all the most stressful times.
(But also the ones you know have your best interests at heart so you can’t actually be pissed off…)
Why are they so important?
To stop you making heavy mistakes.
We do NOT need a life full of ‘yes (wo)men‘. I can promise you that.
So today, I challenge you to strongly EMBRACE those women in your life.
- Don’t let it feel like ‘negative energy’.
- Don’t get frustrated when they question you on something you think is the absolute dogs bollocks *eye roll*.
- Don’t feel like you have it all figured out.
- Own your sh*t + own the fact that you do not know everything.
“Those who think they know it all, have no way of finding out they don’t”.
I PROMISE YOU
Life will feel a whole lot lighter when you open up + soak in the feedback with positivity, without seeing it as failure.
Keep killing it, boo. You’re doing an epic job.